To build strong peer support networks in your group or organisation over the long term, an effective approach is a Train the Trainer package.
This licenses your people to deliver Talk for Health in your organisation over the long term. A Train the Trainer programme enables large numbers of people to receive Talk for Health at a reasonable cost, and with continued quality assurance.
A Train the Trainer package includes:
- A minimum of three Talk for Health programmes
- A six-day Talk for Health Leadership Training
Qualified Talk for Health leaders work within a licensing agreement which ensures continued quality of delivery.
To train as a Talk for Health Trainer, candidates need to:
- take the Talk for Health programme
- re-take the programme and learn its content
- take the six-day Talk for Health Leadership Training
- lead or co-lead a Talk for Health programme supervised by a Talk for Health professional
Train the Trainer programme content
The six-day Leadership Training includes the following modules and has professional development value in its own right.
Talk for Health Values
- Ethical practice
- Perspectives on mental health and wellbeing
- Outcome orientation
Talk For Health Theory
- The evidence base on therapeutic talk
- Working in partnership; flexibility to the group; keeping a group log
Learning to Lead the Programme
- Demonstration and practice of setting up each module of the programme
- Group process and leadership styles
- Developing your leadership style
- Self awareness
- transference and projection
- holding boundaries
- ‘difficult’ people
- stress and burnout
- supervision and support
- Handouts and certificates
- Course evaluation